Sometimes you get into an accident—whether with another car, a poorly-placed pole or other object—where the denting isn’t too severe. That’s a great opportunity to invest in paintless dent repair, rather than springing for full auto body repair. It’s faster, cheaper and will restore your vehicle to a like-new appearance.
Here are answers to the most common questions about this type of collision repair:
- How does paintless dent repair work? Paintless dent repair involves gently working your car’s panels to pop dents back out. The result is a like-new look, with no scratches or dings to take away from your vehicle’s appearance.
- When should I get paintless dent repair? You can opt for paintless dent repair to address smaller dents and dings, as long as the paint hasn’t been scratched or scraped. If there is a small amount of paint damage, repair techs can apply matching paint to make everything look as good as new.
- Will it reduce my vehicle’s value? Paintless dent repair is a way to maintain your car’s value. Since there’s no need for body filler and repainting, your car will be worth the same amount it was before the accident—at least when it comes to the exterior.
- Is it faster than regular collision repair? Paintless dent repair takes less than a day to complete, depending on how busy your auto body shop is. Regular collision repair can take days or weeks. Opting for paintless dent repair means you’ll save time, while also preserving your vehicle’s value.
- Will it completely remove my dent? Yes, as long as your dent is a small one. Some vehicle owners use paintless dent repair to remove larger dents—and are happy with the results—but it may not completely remove the issue. If you’re concerned about completely removing particularly large dents, traditional collision repair may be the answer.
- Is it cheaper than regular collision repair? Not only will you save money on labor costs, since it’s faster, but you won’t need to pay for materials like paint and filler. Plus, you won’t need to rent a car while yours is in the shop. In short, if you have the opportunity to take advantage of paintless dent repair, you should take it.
- Will a dent come back over time? Once the dent is removed, it’s gone forever—unless you damage your vehicle again.
- Is it environmentally friendly? There are no chemicals or potential for groundwater contamination when you use paintless dent repair.
- Who is qualified to perform paintless dent repair? Look for a shop that specializes in this service. Ask if the mechanics have been certified in this repair technique, how long they’ve been doing it and how often they perform these repairs. This will give you an idea of who can get the job done right.
For paintless dent repair in the Visalia area, call Tom’s Body and Paint, Inc. today. Let us restore your vehicle body so it looks as good as new.
This post was written by Writer