If you’ve recently been in an accident, you’re probably stressed enough. Your car is damaged, you need to get to work and run errands and you might even be injured or traumatized. The last thing you want to do is pick the wrong auto body repair shop for your car repairs in Visalia, CA. How do you know which one is the right shop for you?
Before you decide to pick one shop over the other, just ask these questions. They’ll help you get a better sense of whether the shop can perform the repairs you need:
- Do you provide written estimates? You wouldn’t want to think your repairs will cost $3,000, only to get slapped with a bill for $5,000—but if you have no written estimate, it’s hard to prove that you were misquoted. Always get a written estimate.
- Do you provide loaner cars? Being without a car can be a hassle, especially in sprawling Visalia. Ask the shop if they provide loaner cars while your repairs are being performed. You might not need one, but it can be helpful in a pinch.
- Are you certified? Knowing whether your mechanics are ASE, OEM and I-CAR certified gives you a sense of the skill level each mechanic will have. The better they’re trained, the better results you can expect.
- Is my car covered by insurance while at the shop? What if something happens to your car (or to the shop itself) while you’re getting repairs? You need to know if you’ll be protected.
- Is there a warranty? What happens if your repairs were defective, or you run into trouble the mechanics should have spotted? The better the warranty, the more you can trust a shop.
- Will the new paint match the rest of the car? If you care about the way your car looks, this is a great question to ask.
- Do you often work on cars like mine? This question will help you get a sense of whether they’re familiar with your car’s make and model, which is especially important if you drive an unusual vehicle.
- How long will repairs take? It’s always good to know how long they expect the repairs to take, and which actions they’ll take if it’s going to be longer than you were quoted.
- How do you communicate with customers? This is helpful to know how they prefer to handle business. Whether it’s phone, email or text, it’s good to know how and when you can expect to hear from them—when repairs are done? When a new problem crops up?
- Do you have any testimonials? Finally, you may be able to answer this one yourself—check out the shop’s online reviews, or call the Better Business Bureau to find out how other customers like them.
If you need auto body repairs in Visalia, CA, Tom’s Body & Paint, Inc. is ready to restore your car. Call us today to ask us everything you need to know.
Categorised in: Auto Body Shop
This post was written by Writer