One of the most annoying things about owning a vehicle is worrying that it’s going to fall victim to damage—and it seems as though the small things are what irk car owners the most. Dings, dents and scratches are all types of damage commonly caused by other drivers’ doors, runaway shopping carts, wildlife and the weather. Over time, a seriously dinged-up car can look worse for wear.
No one wants to have to fork over money for expensive auto body repair in Visalia, CA. Here are the five best ways to avoid car dings and dents:
- Park away from other cars: If you want to be far away from other vehicles in a parking lot, get ready to do a little more walking. Sure, parking further back is less convenient, but it’s well worth it for the extra space you’ll get around your car. This simple change can save your car’s doors and body from being slammed into by nearby car doors, unattended shopping carts and other objects (like shoulder bags, boxes and groceries).
- Park within the lines: No matter where you are in a parking lot, check that you are parked within the lines of your chosen parking space. Didn’t drive into the space evenly enough? Take the time to back up and straighten out your tires. Avoid parking near vehicles that aren’t parked correctly, like those that are parked crookedly or over a line.
- Open car doors slowly: Be mindful of your surroundings when exiting your vehicle. You wouldn’t be happy if the person parked next to you threw open their door into your door—don’t do it to them either! Open your car door slowly to avoid having it swing into another vehicle, curb, wall, pole, cart or passerby. As you can see, swinging your door open into things can cause damage to more than just your vehicle.
- Use covered parking: Covered parking like garages and carports can offer your vehicle a decent level of protection from the elements. Hail and hard rain can be surprisingly damaging, while harsh ultraviolet light from the sun is an obvious contributor. Clear junk out of your garage so you can park your car inside it!
- Use a car cover: Not every home or apartment has a garage, but that doesn’t mean your car is out of luck. Whether parking in front of your house or in a store parking lot, consider using a high-quality vehicle cover. A good cover can protect your car from a majority of dings and dents due to swinging car doors, airborne objects and tree debris. Car covers can also save your paint from sharp animal teeth and claws.
Whether parked or driving down the road, there’s only so much you can do to protect your car from damages. Should the time come that you need auto body repair in Visalia, CA, rest assured you can trust Tom’s Body and Paint, Inc. to fix your car right. Don’t hesitate to contact our shop anytime with questions or to book a service appointment!
Categorised in: Auto Body Repair
This post was written by Writer