As a car owner, you likely find a sense of comfort in knowing your car insurance coverage is there when disaster strikes. Auto insurance will ensure any damage to your vehicle or the other driver’s car won’t leave you forever bankrupt. Full coverage insurance provides a significant amount of protection, including liability, comprehensive and collision coverage. Liability will cover any damage you cause when you’re found at fault in an accident, while comprehensive and collision coverage will help pay for your collision repair in Visalia, CA. In some cases, it could cover the costs of a complete replacement based on coverage levels and the severity of the damage.
Unfortunately, full coverage car insurance isn’t as comprehensive as its name might suggest. Some types of damage will fall outside the scope of most standard insurance policies. Knowing the ins and outs of your coverage will help expedite the paperwork process so you can get back on the road as soon as possible.
Let’s take a closer look at a few types of damage most insurance companies do not cover:
- Medical payments: Are you confident your current health insurance could cover thousands of dollars of emergency medical bills? You could find yourself footing the bill after an accident, as traditional auto insurance offers little protection. Additional medical coverage can be added to an existing policy to help pay any medical expenses that exceed health insurance limits after an accident.
- Emergency roadside services: An unexpected breakdown on the side of a desolate highway could end up costing hundreds of dollars to remedy, but most insurance coverage is no help in this situation. The addition of emergency road service coverage will ensure you are protected when the unexpected happens.
- Uninsured/underinsured: Unfortunately, some car owners could find themselves feeling robbed if the other driver involved in an accident has low coverage limits or no insurance whatsoever. Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage will help pay for these bills.
- Customized parts and equipment: Traditional insurance coverage won’t cover an aftermarket stereo or a custom paint job damaged in a collision. Enhanced coverage will cover any customized parts and equipment.
- Gap coverage: Auto loans are a great way to gradually pay for a car on a manageable month-to-month basis. However, the financial obligation doesn’t stop if a car is totaled and the vehicle owner still owes more than it is worth. Gap coverage will pay off what’s left of the auto loan so you’re not burdened with paying for a car you can no longer drive.
- Rental car costs: Car repairs after an accident can sometimes take weeks to complete depending on the severity of the damage, leaving you without a ride. Rental car coverage will reimburse any rental car expenses after a covered accident.
Repairing a car after a collision doesn’t have to be a hassle as long as you have a great auto repair shop on your side. That’s why Toms Body & Paint, Inc. takes a complete approach to your collision repair in Visalia, CA by working with your insurance company. This expedites the claims process to achieve a quicker repair job for your car. Best of all, there will be no surprises, as we’ll provide you with a complete quote detailing what the insurance company will cover and what will need to be paid out of pocket. Call us today to get started!
Categorised in: Collision Repair
This post was written by Writer