What Common Things Can Damage Car Paint?March 5, 2018 6:51 pm Leave your thoughts
Although your vehicle’s paint isn’t the most crucial aspect of your car, it’s certainly something that the majority of us like to keep clean and looking good! We take it to the car wash, buff out scratches, have it waxed and even have it professionally detailed at an auto body shop in Visalia, CA from time to time. But even the most diligent car owners can’t protect their paint from every hazard out on the road. Keep reading to learn about some of the most harmful substances for your vehicle’s paint:
- Bird droppings: Without a doubt, bird droppings are the number one grievance car owners have against wildlife! Doesn’t it always seem like birds aim for your car right after you’ve had it cleaned and detailed? Bird droppings aren’t just disgusting—they’re also acidic and can damage your paint pretty quickly. Rinse off any droppings as soon as you can, and you can help keep your car looking its best.
- Sprinkler systems: Automatic lawn sprinklers are lifesavers for anyone who wants a nice-looking lawn, but did you know that the water droplets can cause permanent damage to your paint? Sunlight can burn the droplets into your paint, creating tiny little spots across the body of your car. Our advice is to always keep your car in the garage when you’re running your sprinkler.
- Road construction: A “road crew ahead” sign is never fun to see—it means inevitable delays. If you’re unlucky, the sign can also mean paint damage. Loose rocks and pebbles can fly up and scratch your paint as you drive past the site. While that’s bad, wet tar is worse. Tar that’s stuck to your paint may require the help of an auto body shop in Visalia, CA to remove.
- Rain: A fresh rain shower helps your lawn and garden. Unfortunately, it can also hurt your car! The air pollution that comes along with rain makes your car really dirty. That polluted rain is also acidic—not good for your paint! Continuous rain can also eventually cause rust formation. Again, keep your car in the garage if you can.
- Bugs: Bugs splattering all over the hood of your car and windshield is inevitable. It’s important that you clean all those guts up as quickly as you can. That nasty stuff is acidic and can ruin your paint if it sits there for too long.
- Coffee: Have you ever set your coffee cup on your roof and left it there as you drove off? Let’s hope not! Just like bug guts, coffee is acidic and strips the paint off your car rather easily. It’s good practice to just wipe your car off after anything gets on the paint.
Avoiding all of these substances isn’t easy, and in some cases, it’s downright impossible. If your paint is ruined, trust the professionals at Tom’s Body & Paint, Inc. to fix the damage. As a leading auto body shop in Visalia, CA, we guarantee our crewmembers can fix the damage and have your ride looking good as new in no time at all.
Categorised in: Auto Body Shop
This post was written by Writer