The transmission is one of the most essential systems in your vehicle. It’s also one of the more expensive ones to replace. Due to the cost of repairs and replacement, vehicle owners should do all they can to extend the life of their transmission. With a few simple tips, you can make your transmission last and avoid towing service in Visalia, CA. Try these steps.
- Check fluids: Keep an eye on your transmission fluid. Make sure it is clean and at appropriate levels. Detecting a leak early can save your system and protect your wallet from more expensive repairs.
- Add a boost: Transmission additives can enhance vehicle performance and extend the life of the transmission. Consider using friction-modifying additives available at most service shops.
- Go easy on the brakes: Don’t ride your brakes. If you have a manual transmission, down-shift whenever you can. Giving your brakes a break can help ease the load on your transmission and extend its life.
- Stop shifting before you stop: Come to a complete stop before you switch from reverse to drive or vice versa. When you shift while moving, you may strip the gears or weaken them over time. Take the few extra seconds required to stop before you shift. It will be worth the time to extend the life of your transmission.
- Get a tune-up: Keep your car running smoothly with frequent tune-ups. Proper engine maintenance will help all the systems of your vehicle run better and last longer. Visit your local auto body shop or towing service in Visalia, CA regularly for tune-ups on your engine, wheels, transmission and other systems.
- Don’t strain it: Are you considering towing or hauling another vehicle or a heavy load? Be sure your vehicle is appropriate for the task. Adding a significant amount of weight to vehicles that are not heavy-duty can cause issues with the transmission. Rather than risk the livelihood of your vehicle, contact a towing service in Visalia, CA.
- Warm it up: You don’t have to start your car 20 minutes before you leave, but it is a good idea to let it warm up a little. Give it a couple of minutes to idle before you pull away, especially during colder weather. This warm-up will help your gear shifting go more smoothly.
- Don’t delay: If you suspect your vehicle is experiencing transmission problems, have it checked out by a technician right away. A delay in repairs can cause extensive damage. Let a professional locate and repair the issue immediately. This will prevent further damage and save you time and money in the long run.
Contact the Transmission Pros
For additional tips on caring for your transmission, contact your local towing service in Visalia, CA. The experts at Tom’s Body and Paint, Inc. can answer any questions you have. We would love to partner with you to help you extend the life of your transmission. Reach out to us today for top-level service that will keep your car running smoothly.
Categorised in: Towing Service
This post was written by Writer