Summer is the perfect time for local cruising and long road trips. To keep your vehicle running smoothly for full enjoyment of the season, use the following tips. These simple maintenance reminders from your auto body shop in Visalia, CA can save you time and money, both this season and throughout the life of your vehicle:
- Swap your wipers: It rains so infrequently in California that car owners may forget about these important pieces of equipment. When worn, wiper blades can cause poor visibility by creating streaks and smears. Crisp, new blades are also better at removing those pesky bugs from your windshield. They are not expensive to replace, so consider freshening your field of vision with a new set each summer.
- Revive your refrigerant: As you cruise this summer, you’ll want to stay cool. How well is your air conditioning working? If it’s not as cool as it used to be or as cool as you want it to be, ask a technician to check your Freon. You may need to recharge your air-conditioning system or fix a leak.
- Freshen your fluids: How often do you check your oil, brake fluid and windshield washer fluid? All the liquids in your car require regular maintenance. Contact your auto body shop in Visalia, CA to complete regular tune-ups that will keep your fluids at healthy levels.
- Fix the filter: How does the air filter in your car look? Does it need to be cleaned or replaced? If your vehicle also has pollen filters or cabin filtration systems, check these as well. You’ll enjoy better circulation and drainage with clean filters in place.
- Test the tires: Check your tires for proper pressure and healthy tread. If you notice any uneven wearing, debris (such as nails or stones) or thinning tread, check with your auto body shop in Visalia, CA. Tire experts can recommend repairs or replacement. Don’t forget to check the spare tire, too.
- Clean the car: This does more than make your car look sharp. Removing debris from insects and birds can help protect your paint job. Keeping your windows clear can improve visibility and make your drive time safer. Give your car regular baths to keep it healthy and attractive.
- Shade the sun: Is your vehicle often parked in the sun for extended periods? Consider using a sunshade in the windshield. This will protect the car’s interior from sun fading, and it also keeps the interior of your car cooler. You can use shades for the rear and side windows, too.
Get More Tips
Would you like to find out more about proper summer care for your car? To keep your car running smoothly this season, contact your local auto body shop in Visalia, CA. The experienced team at Tom’s Body and Paint, Inc. can answer any questions you have and provide top-quality service for any of your maintenance or repair needs. Reach out to us today to schedule an appointment. We look forward to partnering with you to help make your season great.
Categorised in: Auto Body Shop
This post was written by Writer