The kids will be out of school for the summer before you know it. They’ll have three months of freedom, while you’re stuck looking for things to do to keep them occupied! Summer camps are fun for a while, but there’s only so much your kids can handle before they eventually grow tired of day camp. This summer, keep your kids occupied and have some family-friendly fun exploring everything central California has to offer! The following guide from your RV repair service in Visalia, CA has just a few fun things to pique the interest of everyone in your family.
- Montana de Oro State Park: If you’re looking for a myriad of incredible views, search no further than Montana de Oro State Park! You can see rugged cliffs, secluded beaches, coastal plains and canyons at this 12.5-square mile state park in Los Osos.
- Pinnacles National Park: Bring your hiking shoes and hit the trails at Pinnacles National Park, located east of Soledad. In addition to a myriad of wildlife, you’ll see everything from deep caves and canyons to towering rock spires. If you’re not staying in your RV, be sure to pitch a tent and spend the night under the stars!
- Roaring Camp Railroads: The natural lovers and history buffs in your family will love spending a day at Roaring Camp Railroads in Felton. Hop aboard a historic train and take a once-in-a-lifetime journey through redwood forests.
- Mission San Buenaventura: Spanish priests set up a number of missions along the West Coast in the days before settlers headed west. One of the most famous missions in California is Mission San Buenaventura in Ventura. The mission was completed in 1782 and was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1975.
- Ronald Reagan Presidential Library: Spend a day at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley. See exhibits that follow his life from his boyhood in Illinois through his movie career and his two terms as the nation’s 40th
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: Before your road trip is over, be sure to bring the family up to Monterey for a day at the city’s famous aquarium! With over 35,000 animals, everyone is bound to find an exhibit they love. Whether you’re interested in the kelp forest or the sea otters, you’ll have a fantastic day at the aquarium.
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary: While you’re in Monterey, why not try to see a few more animals at the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary? The “Serengeti of the Sea” spans 4,024 square nautical miles and is home to 34 species of marine mammals, 94 species of seabirds, 345 species of fish and 450 species of marine algae!
Before you pack up the RV and head off for adventure, be sure to stop by Tom’s Body & Paint, Inc.! Our RV repair service in Visalia, CA can get your motor home tuned up and ready to hit the road so you don’t run into any unforeseen problems along the way.
Categorised in: RV Repair Service
This post was written by Writer